Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Filming Day 1

Today was the first day of filming. We have got a huge bulk of the film done and it went pretty smoothly. We started at 11am and were done by 5pm. The scenes we filmed today were the outdoors scenes when our main character ‘John’ decides to live in the wild. Even though these scenes come later on in the film we had to shoot them first because Ross Clarkson, the person playing John, needed to have a beard and messy hair. He will be shaving the beard off and trimming his hair for the rest of his scenes which we will film tomorrow at The Kings Arms.

We used the script that I wrote, although only loosely as I like to leave room for improvisation. Sometimes ideas will come to me when we are actually shooting that wont come to mind when I’m sat in a room writing. This obviously doesn’t always work when the film goes into editing but I’m confident that the improvised scenes will fit very nicely.

The scenes that were storyboarded came across well and although I haven’t always stuck to what I’ve drawn in the storyboards, it definitely came in handy when trying to direct my actors.

After watching the footage back, it has come out well, although the audio isn’t as perfect as I would like. Hopefully this won’t be too much of an issue when filming scenes over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment